Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Ombre Thank you.

After almost two years making cards, I now feel comfortable enough to 'experiment'. I've seen lots of cards using the 'ombre' effect, so I decided to try on the sentiment of my card today. I colored this stamp (By SSS  May 2012 card kit) with a marker and I did it 3 times on the first letters,2 times on the second and 1 on the 'k' and 'u', then I embossed it with Inkadinkado Perarlescent  ep, I know I have to keep practicing, but I do like the result.
I used the sketch by CAS(E) this sketch for this week. On the left, I used and embossing folder by Cuttlebug and Anna Griffin called "Poppy"
and to finish it up I added some Cherry blossom stickers by Jolee.


So, another thank you card ready for when I need it. :)
Thanks so much for visiting and happy crafting.

12 comments:

  1. Very nice card, and I love how that branch is poking through the window you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty card, Loly. I think I like the embossed edge the most, but your ombre stamping is very cutting edge. I might have to try that one. Nice card.

    PS. Is that you that won over at the Paper Crafts Connection today? I had a little thrill at the thought that it might be you. Both your first and last names are unusual enough that it is my hope I'm right:) If so, congrats and we'll look to see how you put those supplies to good use. If not, you're already a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card, I just love those blossoms!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are experimenting with techniques/etc! LOVE the beautiful blossoms on the tree! Great ombre effect on that sentiment! I must try something ombre.... soon:) FAB card-- esp with the embossed white front! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! A perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful use of the sketch & I love the strip of dry embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have absolutely no idea what the Ombré effect technique is but you have wetted my appetite with this lovely card. Off to find out more about it. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just lovely! Gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that is so cool how you made the ombre effect--it looks beautiful! The embossing is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete